Have you ever complained about the low working efficiency about your solar street light? Or the light is not working properly as it says? Maybe it's because you wrongly installed your lights.
Here are 8 wrong installations people usually did. Check whether you have done the same.
1. There are too many obstructions in the installation area, which leads to a decrease in the charging efficiency of solar panels. For example, leaves, buildings and other shelters cover the light, affecting the absorption and utilization of sunlight.
2. There is a reference light source next to the solar panel, resulting in the solar panel charging voltage is above the light control voltage, then the solar street light can not light. For example, there are other street lights next to the solar street lights. When the night falls and the street lights turn on, the solar panels
of solar street light detected the light source and mistaken it as daytime. So the controller will control the lights not to work.
3. Solar panels are mounted below the wires, branches, lamp-posts or other shelters, which will leave a shadow on the solar panels. Because solar panels usually have multiple strings, if there is a shadow on a string of solar panels, especially when the shadow is deeper. In serious cases, this string is equivalent to a broken circuit, and if this solar panel is more in parallel, this solar panel will not generate electricity.
4. Double-side installation, solar panels face to face tilt.
Installers may install the solar panels face-to-face in an inclined symmetry style for aesthetic reasons, but if the orientation of one solar light is correct, then the other side is not so good, the charging efficiency will be reduced because the sunlight cannot shine directly to solar panel.
5. There is a problem with the angle adjustment of solar panel, resulting in solar panel low charging efficiency. The correct angle adjustment of solar panel needs to follow a simple principle: let the solar light shine directly on the solar panel,
so that the charging efficiency is the greatest. In different places, the tilt angle of the solar panel can refer to the local latitude, and the latitude is how much the solar panel is tilted horizontally. Therefore, the solar panel angle adjustment is important for different latitudes and road surfaces.
6. Solar panels are put indoor. Some customers will install solar lights in the parking shed for parking at night, so they install the solar panels in the shed, of course the charging efficiency is naturally reduced. In this situation we can charge the solar panel outside, discharge inside, that is install the solar panel and lamp separately.
7. Extend the connection cable of solar panel randomly. Sometimes there are too much obstacles in the installation position, people may simply separate the solar panels and the lamps for a very long distance, say 10 meters or even longer distance. And then buy two-wire wires in the market casually. Since the quality of the wire material in the market is not very good, and the distance between the wires is very long, the line loss is large, so the charging efficiency will be reduced a lot and the lighting time will be shorter.
8. For solar lights with remote control, the on-site personnel may use the engineering remote control wrongly, and the parameter setting error will
lead to the solar light unable to work. According to some construction staff's feedback, acutally they do not know the function of the remote control. They just press the remote control randomly to make the light work. In fact, the parameters may have been set incorrectly, resulting in abnormal lighting.
While KONETIKI's new design solar street lights adopt
* Intelligent controller, smart remote control.
* Easy installation and maintenance.
* Simple and convenient to use.
* One-button switching, switch between 3 different working modes.
No need to worry about parameter setting error.
Feel interested? Contact us freely for more details.